The HT16D35A/HT16D35B are multifunctional LED driver ICs. A single IC can drive up to 72 RGB LEDs composed of 8 rows and 9 commons or 224 single-color LEDs composed of 8 rows and 28 commons, however by cascading more IC together, larger LED panel sizes can be effectively driven. Each row has a constant current output capacity for uniform display brightness. Each dot has a 64 level brightness setting, therefore if a dot is composed of RGB colors, it can display up to 262K colors. Both HT16D35A and HT16D35B communicate with MCUs via a serial interface.
The development platform HT16D3x LED Workshop from Holtek can simplify the design of an LED display project into 3 main steps: design what are to be displayed, how they are displayed, and finally generate the master MCU codes automatically.
The LED Workshop development boards are designed to help users easily experience the development platform and evaluate the HT16D35A/HT16D35B. There are 5 boards included, one MCU board and four LED boards, as below:
1. ESK-LED-100: the master MCU (HT66F2390) board. Must have.
2. ESK-16D35A-C00: the HT16D35A and 18 x 8 RGB LED matrix, colorful display.
3. ESK-16D35A-M00: the HT16D35A and 28 x 16 White LED matrix, mono/grayscale display.
4. ESK-16D35B-C00: the HT16D35B and 18 x 8 RGB LED matrix, colorful display.
5. ESK-16D35B-M00: the HT16D35B and 28 x 16 White LED matrix, mono/grayscale display.
To see the real LED display effect, you must have the MCU board, one of the four LED boards and e-Link (for downloading MCU program).
The video is helpful for learning the platform usage, take a look at it.